Saturday, February 20, 2010

Thinking Of You

Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind, striving side by side for the faith of the gospel,
Philippians 1:27


A thought on Ash Wednesday:

Ash Wednesday is one of the most unique days, in the sense that other people know (for sure) that you are a Christian (nothing says Christ-follower like black ashes smudged across your forehead!).

On that day, do you think that Christians think more about how they're acting, since other people know for sure that they are Christian? Do you change your actions more, in order to adjust them to be more like Christ's?

What if we were to live every day as if a cross was literally visible across our foreheads? How would you change/adjust your thoughts, sayings, and actions if Christ was the only thing on your mind (and head)?

Something to pray about.


What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? But someone will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works;
James 2:14, 18, 22

No comments:

Post a Comment