Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Do You Hear What I Hear


Have you listened in the council of God? And do you limit wisdom to yourself?
-Job 15:8


"When I pray I tend to do most of the talking.
And that's a big problem."
-Joe Ferritto






Joe and I were talking the other week, and we got into our personal prayer lives with our Father. His recent conclusion is that instead of listening to God, we make him listen to us. Our time and efforts need to be focused on our relationship with our Savior, and not to make prayer become a one way venting or help secession. He is our Redeemer, Healer, Peacemaker, and Friend.

It's time we all start letting Him do the talking.



The Lord GOD has given me
the tongue of those who are taught,
that
I may know how to sustain with a word
him who is weary.
Morning by morning he awakens;
he awakens my ear
to hear as those who are taught.
The Lord GOD has opened my ear,
and I was not rebellious;
I turned not backward.
-Isaiah 50:4-5



No comments:

Post a Comment