Friday, February 4, 2011

One Day

My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,
for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you peace and prosperity.

Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight

Psalm 3:1-6



Club DTO, composed of Gordon and other college students, is up and running :)

This year we will be working at Salem Cyberspace, a place where children of immigrant families can congregate for community processing and computer access. Different tutoring options are available, as well as the opportunity to take a variety of classes (at the volunteers' discretion).

In order to start off our partnership with Salem Cyberspace, I was sent as the Gordon representative/OT leader. On my way to a place that I have never been, in a car that I have never driven in (that is owned by Gordon), I ran into plenty-a-problem.

First off, a person hit my car after being on the road for 5 minutes.
Second, my directions were wrong.
Third, as assumed by my second point, I got lost.

By this time, I was on the phone with my boss from Gordon for the fourth time in less than thirty minutes.
What she reminded me is that sometimes the journey may become long, but don't get discouraged by the journey, itself. Instead, stay focused on the path that God has created, for in the end, it can only lead to Him.

>>Truth.



I eventually got there. The meeting went well.
Can't wait to see what God's got planned for us in the near future :)



Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the wilderness these forty years, to humble and test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands.
Deuteronomy 8:2


No comments:

Post a Comment