Monday, March 14, 2011

My Savior My God

My apologies for not updating my blog as I originally had planned--as I originally had promised.
There are times when I hear something so splendid, so blessed, so perfectly planted by God and instead of writing about them, I'll put them on a post-it and shove them to the side.
Those actions are wrong, and with prayer, they'll be corrected!


Here is what God is putting on my heart...

As of recent, I talked to my brother about God and His strength. Through God's infinite strength, He has been able to guide me in my finite understanding. For example, I was not a strong enough person to be as God intended for me to be while attending my first school, Ichabod Crane, so instead, God moved me to Loudonville Christian, where I was able to give my heart to Him and dedicate my life to loving Yeshua. My brother, on the other hand, needed Ichabod in order to learn endurance, perseverance, and overcome many of his own faults. Because of the two different schools we have built relations with people that have directly impacted our futures.

Though the entire conversation was "deep" (as described by my brother, Will), the part that stuck with me the most was when Will struggled with saying that it was God that got him through everything. William acknowledged that the word God is used by so many people, for so many reasons, that his God (or his personal relationship with God) was not being accurately described when he used the word "God" to describe what he knows to be True. "God" could mean everything and nothing to anyone who hears it.

How can we go about our day more fully understanding what we mean when we used the word "God"? How can we revive the understanding of the true, infinite, and sacrificial Lord? Do we understand what we're saying when we throw around words such as "Elohim," "Jehovah," "Lord," "Father," "Jesus/Yeshua"?

What does God mean to you? Is there just one truth and one understanding behind the word God, or are there different meanings and realities for one spiritual Truth?

Challenge yourself today by understanding what God means, who God is, and how He affects/has affected you.



yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.
1 Corinthians 8:6

No comments:

Post a Comment