Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wake Up

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
-Colossians 3:16


From hanging out with my new friend, Sister Francine, a thought occurred to me.

The following is a snip-it of a reflection I had on an interview with Sister,

"By the end of our conversation, Francine and I became good friends. We made dinner plans for the upcoming weeks, hugged one another, and went our separate ways. Today I learned a lot about faith, not just about Francine's occupation and opinion, but also about my own personal relationship with Christ. I once considered myself a Protestant. “A protestor of what?” I asked myself in the car on the way home. My faith is not about protesting the Catholic faith (or the church of England), that’s for sure. I am not a protestor, but a student of His people. I am an evangelical and a born again believer who is in love with a God that is Good. However, “evangelical” and “born again” are words that describe me, not define me. I agree with Francine, Christ defines me; Him, and Him alone. I have much to do in the name of my Creator, but more importantly, I have many places to follow my Leader, spiritually and physically. I have gained more than a friend today, I have a new sister, related through the most sacred Blood."


So I turned my mind to understand, to investigate and to search out wisdom and the scheme of things and to understand the stupidity of wickedness and the madness of folly.
-Ecclesiastes 7:25

If a house is divided against itself, it cannot stand.
-Mark 3:25

No comments:

Post a Comment