Sunday, January 3, 2010

You Make Me Sing

As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning.
-Exodus 17:11


So I am currently in training for rugby spring season, and of course I forgot to take my asthma medication. Once my breathing starts to get out of wack, I have to put my arms above my head, either straight up, or bent behind my head (in a relaxed position). My asthma started up pretty quickly (I'm quite out of shape, due to taking the semester off), and almost immediately I had to have both my hands raised up high.

What was very interesting about this moment is that while Owl City was playing in the background, I was reminded that people worship in so many ways. I worship through sports, others through painting, and others by studying for chemistry. With my hands up in the air, it truly hit me that I can worship Him in rugby just as passionately as I do in church when I'm belting out the lyrics to a David Crowder song. Christ is that good, that He would let us see Him so clearly through everything that we do.

How do you worship Him in your daily life? Does it look the same way as it does during worship in church? Do you really throw up your hands and give everything to Him with everything that you do (either literally or figuratively)?

How will you give it all to Him today?


Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth!
Serve the LORD with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the LORD, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gate with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!
For the LORD is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.
-Psalm 100

No comments:

Post a Comment