Thursday, December 31, 2009

By Your Side


For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
-John 3:17

A Letter From Caroline Castano:

Christ has been filling my heart with so much happiness. I was able to talk about Christ for 2 hours with two of my friends from high school when we got together. All we talked about was God. It was such a blessing to be able to witness to how each other acted. To see how God prepared my words, heart and confidence for that one moment.

This was completely unexpected. One friend wants to learn more and believes in God. The other declares herself as an atheist but does listen. Although she did make jokes about Christ to, lighten the topic, which I could have acted better about. God did such great work! To see God touch others and to be able to disprove all of their "strong" arguments, with love and kindess, of course. Although, I must say God has constantly been teaching in the Gospel (The sword of Scripture, if you will).

My family has also shown a suprising interest toward learning more about God. My mom went read/skimmed, "When God writes your love story.". She is always asking me questions and I´m so proud on how she does not push me away or get irritated by my love for God. Once when I was upset she wanted to talk more about what was upsetting me and my response was that "I had God" and that "I´ll be alright". She asked me, "what about the family?". In that moment I showed my mom that I love God more. That was a strong moment when we both realized how powerful God is.
I realized how, even though I love my family, he really means more to me and my mom.
I believe she was able to see how personal God can be.

My sister has been asking me questions about religion and God. She is at a very rebellious stage, she´s 16, and says that I am pushing Jesus into her life. This is a dangerous but important statment. This means that she is hearing about Jesus and she is not comfortable with it. Which means she notices the changes of the dynamics of the family. A Christian is now her sister and I know she feels divided from me but she is not as hateful towards "Jesus things" if taken in small steps. Patience is so important and I´m so glad that God supplies us with all we need in order to do His work and to live in Him. Now I am not always living in Him but that is what I, and every Christian truly strives for. My dad and grandma are more difficult. My grandmother does not see the difference between a faith in Jesus and between the Church or religion. I think my dad is in the same boat.

So that is where we are at. Together I´m hoping I can help share the difference to them by action and words. Pray that God unblinds the blinded especially our loved ones. God is in every breath, in love and in kindness. Pray to Him, He waits for your relationship! He loves you and wants you to filled in the Holy Spirit where you will be safe from the evil in the world. This is not a cleared path paved for you mostly because life isn´t easy for anyone. Life is a mountain that you can climb either with the Lord or alone. He will harnest you, and will recycle your weights for ballons. Thank you God for Jesus Christ!

In Christ,
Caroline




For I have come to turn "'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother in law, a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.' "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;
-Matthew 10:35-37

No comments:

Post a Comment