Monday, March 22, 2010

Believe

And let us consider to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
Hebrews 10:24-25


So I found myself at the hospital, again, today.
One of the nurses who would be with me during my procedure looked at me while I was hooked in (heart monitor, oxygen, etc.), and asked me if I went to school. I told her I went to Siena College, in preparation for missionary work in Egypt with orphans. We carried on that conversation for several more minutes. After a slight pause in the conversation, she saw my discouraged face and told me, "God can even get you through this."

It's nice to be reminded of God's promise and power, even if it is by a stranger. We are told by God to encourage one another. Even though the woman gave me one simple line of encouragement, it reminded me of His Providence, enough so to hush the Enemy as I lay there waiting for the anesthesia to kick in.


But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.
-Hebrews 3:13

No comments:

Post a Comment