Friday, March 12, 2010

God Will Take Care of You

Defend my cause and redeem me; preserve my life according to your promise.
Psalm 119:154


So my roommate (and best friend!) and I were talking last night.
God has worked so very hard with the both of us in so many ways, and we are incredibly blessed (Thank you Dad!).
One word that really caught my ear during said discussion was preservation.

Wisdom is a shelter as money is a shelter,
but the advantage of knowledge is this:
that wisdom preserves the life of its possessor.
Ecclesiastes 7:12

Preserve (verb): To keep up, out of harm, to spare, to protect, to maintain
Preserve (noun): That which protects, that which is protected

My comfort in my suffering is this:
Your promise preserves my life.
Psalm 119:50

God guides us on a path to keep us holy---to keep us preserved.
He is the Preserve(r).
He gave us one another to help encourage and love one another in Him,
and thus we become the preserve(rs) of His Will.

Preserve my life according to your love...
Psalm 119:88

What does God call you to preserve?
How will you go about preserving yourself while on your walk with Christ?



Whoever tries to keep his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.
Luke 17:33

No comments:

Post a Comment