Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gaze Into Your Eyes

When Joseph woke up, he did what the Lord's angel had told him to do. Joseph took Mary as his wife, but he did not have sexual relations with her until she gave birth to the son. And Joseph named him Jesus.
-Matthew 1:24-25


My new NCV devotional got me thinking.

So recently I've been against myself buying a devotional--why would we need one if Christ supplied us with the Bible?! It is just money we can give to someone who needs it. However, as I was going through Barnes and Noble today (Christmas shopping), I came across this devotional. Something about it was really attractive (hmm...Christ possibly?). So I bought it.

I started with the Monday devotional--my bad, but from tonight's prayer, it was God's Plan.

What if we (all of God's children) said yes to Christ for the whole day? Yes to Christ, no to Satan, for absolutely everything. Oh, how the world would differ! We would give up our riches, and all come together as a family. Once the day was over, we would all live our lives, "grow our roots," starting in a different location. That one change in our lives would change a lot of things afterwards, at least for a while.

Then I got praying about myself in that situation. What if I said yes to Christ about absolutely everything for one day? For the rest of my life? What if I got a group of friends together, and the whole day we said yes to Him in all ways, and no to any Distractions. What could that one day do? Where would your roots start to grow? How could that one change, change the whole world?


As obedient children,
we do not conform to the evil desires
you had when you lived in ignorance.
-1 Peter 1:14



and every proud thing that raises itself against the knowledge of God. We capture every thought and make it give up and obey to Christ.
-2 Corinthians 10:5


No comments:

Post a Comment