Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sunlight

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ.
-Philippians 4:7


When God knocks, you're going to want to run to answer.

Tonight from 6 pm-7 pm was Chemistry test #2. A stressful event for most to say the least.

Science majors may be known for their intellect, composure, and competitive GPAs, but what were more known for is our anxiety. Coming from outside and walking into the science lounge was a frightful event. It was as if a maddening wind blew straight through our science facilities, and the most intense amount of panic consumed those who got in its way. Girls were shaking, knees buckling, and nervous chatter flowed from their mouths. Men with their notebooks sprawled across their bodies, asking everyone about equations that will most definitely not be on the test. Everyone was in disarray.

Despite the chaos abroad, I was at peace. This was not because I am some chemistry genius (for I am not), it is not because I studied for two weeks straight without eating or sleeping (for I did not), nor is it because of any kind of distorted confidence that I have with the subject matter (I ask for help with chem multiple times a day). Christ has truly saved me from all of this misery.

This year, I finally allowed Christ to come in. Previously, most of the time when I heard Him knock on any door referring to my stress levels, I would respond to Him with bolting on an extra lock. Before I nailed "academic stress" onto His cross, that door must have had millions of fixtures.

He brings a continuous peace that you cannot find without Him. A peace that causes you to change in your entirety. You become like Him.

Think this is too big of a task? Then who do you say He is?

And he asked them, "But who do you say that I am?"
Peter answered him, "You are the Christ."
-Mark 8:29

Our Savior calls us to follow after Him in all ways. That includes giving Him all of your burdens.


Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness, and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap. For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the earth.
-Luke 21:34, 35

No comments:

Post a Comment